Basic Tools Needed For Your Jeep
When you want to start wrenching on some things on your Jeep yourself, the question “What tools do I need?” always comes up. We have created a list below of some basic ones you can keep in your tool bag. There will always be more to add, but this should get you started!
- Set of US standard & metric combination wrenches. A combination wrench is an open wrench on one side and a box end wrench on the other.
- You will need sockets & a ratchet. When getting sockets, make sure you get one that will fit your lug nuts.
- You can do almost everything on your Jeep with a wrench, but it is A LOT easier to use a ratchet. A ratchet is a type of wrench that inserts into a socket to turn a nut or bolt. A ratchet lets you pivot it back and forth to turn it’s socket instead of removing and repositioning a wrench to do so.
- Sockets come in deep or shallow well. A deep well socket means the socket itself is longer/deeper. Sockets have “points“ on them, and the more “points” it has, the better grip it will get.
- Philips head and flathead screwdrivers
- Hammer. Hammers can be used on a number of things for your Jeep, like disconnecting your sway bars!
- Rubber mallet
- Needle nose pliers
- Channel lock pliers